Wednesday 15 February 2012

Kirk Lightsey - February 15th, 1937 - A happy day for Music / 15 de Fevereiro. Um dia a celebrar




A beautiful human being I've had the extream pleasure and fortune to have met, I leave you with a sample of the great man's work.
I may be biased out of a strong sence of friendship for he's truly admirable, but the music leave's no doubt and is testament of his wonderous talent.
Here is a short playlist with some of my favourite recordings of his available on Youtube. Go ahead. Enjoy.

Have a lovely day


(oops, didn't I mention some of the people that have shared his stage?? How thoughtless of me! Here are the names of a few: Bobby Hutcherson, Freddie Hubbard, Curtis Fuller, Betty Carter, Harold Land, Yusef Lateef, Kenny Burrell, Chet Baker, James Moody, Clifford Jordan, Sonny Stitt, Rufus Reid, Benny Golson, Pharoah Saunders, Don Cherry..)

No comments:

Post a Comment